Creative Edge Software, developer of the award-winning iC3D packaging design software, has signed up to become a key sponsor of the international Pentawards organization. The agreement confirms a three-year commitment to the prestigious annual Pentawards competition which recognizes the very best in packaging design from more than 50 countries worldwide.
According to Nick Gilmore, CEO of Creative Edge Software, the decision to support Pentawards marks a significant milestone in the company’s development. “Just three years since our founding, we are now at the point where a growing number of the most celebrated packaging designs – such as those submitted for the Pentawards competition – were originated and have come to fruition using our flagship iC3D software.”
Key features of iC3D include:
- All-in-one design software – 3D digital mockups for cartons, labels and flexibles, on-the-fly
- Direct link to Adobe Illustrator – real-time creation and editing of artwork, (.ai or PDF)
- 3D model creation – creates complex, assymetric models quickly and easily
- SmartShrink™ – apply artwork to any object; – shrink to fit in seconds, not hours – accurate visualization of distortion plus shrink correction
- Photo-realism – ultra high-resolution combined with new Ray Tracing, image–based lighting and accurate photo studio effects to replicate in-store environments
- In-store visualization – real-time staging on shelves, gondolas and chiller displays
- Proof and share – Save, print, export as hi-res renders, PDF/3D PDFs, animations, movies or 3D-printed models; cloud share with iC3D opsis using any browser
Open to designers, agencies, brand owners, packaging suppliers and students, more than 1600 entries from 52 countries vied for the top honors of the 2015 Pentawards. Applications open this month for the 2016 competition, with the awards ceremony taking place in Shanghai on 23 September.